Now you can buy life insurance plans completely online right here.
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term plan that provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
The Kotak Health Shield Plan helps secure your finances in times of sudden medical expenses related to illness such as Cardiac, Liver, Neuro and Cancer (all early and major stages of illness /conditions of Cancer); along with offering protection for Personal Accident - in case of accidental death or disability.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan gives you the assurance of your income continuing throughout your life and in your absence throughout the lifetime of your spouse!
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
As an earning individual, you may define your financial goals a keeping in mind your families’ requirements. You would want your family to get the best of everything and not have to worry about finances. One of the most common ways to protect your family’s future is by purchasing a term plan. A term plan pays a death benefit to your family in the event of your sudden demise during the policy period. This way, they can use the funds to carry out their expenses.
One should buy term insurance as early as possible, preferably in the 20s or 30s. This not only allows for affordable premiums but also starts protection for your family at an early age.
What if your previous term plan has ended and you’re planning to buy a new term plan in your 50s? You may also be someone who missed out on buying a term plan earlier, but now you see the importance of it but are worried whether it’s a good idea to buy term insurance when you’re in your 50s.
We believe that you can buy insurance even in your 50s since the advantages outweigh the cons. It is better to reap the benefits late rather than never. Having said that, let us look at the pros and cons of buying term insurance in your 50s.
- Once you purchase term insurance, you guarantee financial pay-out to your loved ones when you pass away. So, whether it is your spouse or your children, they will receive the death benefit and can use it to sustain themselves. In your 50s, you may still have children who are yet to stand up on their feet. A term plan can keep them financially stable.
- Another advantage of getting a term plan in your 50s is that it can help your family pay off the hefty loans you may leave behind after your demise. In your absence, your family may have to face the burden of loans that you borrowed. A term plan will definitely be a lifesaver in this regard.
- Chances are that your spouse will be well within their retirement years, and they would need funds for their daily expenses. If you pass away before them, they can use the term plan cover to take care of living expenses after retirement.
- The most significant disadvantage of purchasing a term plan late in the 50s or later is that the premiums could be higher. If a retiree wishes to buy insurance, they may find it difficult to pay their premiums since they wouldn’t have a regular income.
- Another drawback of buying a term plan in the 50s is that the sum assured could be lesser than expected. While a person in their 30s can expect an assured sum that is 10-15 times their annual income, older persons above 50 can only expect about 5-10 times their yearly income.
Thus, there are some disadvantages to purchasing term plans late, but the benefits outweigh the cons. So, if you are yet to buy a term plan, compare the different plans and buy online. It is never too late to purchase a term insurance policy.
- A Consumer Education Initiative series by Kotak Life
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term insurance plan that provides a holistic life protection at affordable prices. Find out the eligibility criteria, key ...Know more