Now you can buy life insurance plans completely online right here.
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term plan that provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
The Kotak Health Shield Plan helps secure your finances in times of sudden medical expenses related to illness such as Cardiac, Liver, Neuro and Cancer (all early and major stages of illness /conditions of Cancer); along with offering protection for Personal Accident - in case of accidental death or disability.
Kotak e-Invest is a comprehensive Unit Linked Life Insurance Plan that can be customized as per your goals and needs - be it protection; investment; financial security for child or retirement planning.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan gives you the assurance of your income continuing throughout your life and in your absence throughout the lifetime of your spouse!
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
A term insurance plan is a pure life insurance policy. You pay a pre-decided amount as premium for a pre-determined period of time, and the term plan offers your nominee a sum assured in the unfortunate event of your demise during the policy term. The sum assured is chosen at the time of purchase and can affect the premiums that you pay for the policy. However, a term plan is not limited to only the death benefit. There are other ways to enhance the scope of your policy’s features. One such popular way of enhancing the nature and extent of your term insurance plans coverage are inbuilt coverages or riders or add-ons.
This article talks about a term insurance plan’s inbuilt coverage. Read on to know more.
What is inbuilt coverage of a term insurance plan?
Since life can throw multiple curveballs at you, the scope of coverage of a term plan should also be extensive. This can be done with wide inbuilt term insurance coverage. Inbuilt term insurance coverage refers to riders and benefits that can offer you and loved ones financial protection at unexpected times.
Riders can be additional bought, over and above your base term insurance, at an additional premium. These add-on covers offer protection against specific circumstances, and their coverage is restricted to the pre-determined set of circumstances.
Some common riders that you can add to your term insurance plan include:
1. Critical illness rider: A critical illness rider offers you financial security against the costs of treatment of critical medical conditions. Each term insurance policy has a list of critical illnesses mentioned in the policy document. The costs of hospitalization, medicines, doctor’s appointments, surgeries, ambulance, etc., can be covered with this benefit.
2. Permanent disability rider: In case of permanent disability in an accident, an extra percentage of the sum assured is paid out to you with this rider. This takes care of your additional expenses that may arise when you lose your ability to earn an income because of a permanent disability.
3. Accidental death rider: With an accidental death rider, your nominee receives an accidental death rider over and above the death benefit in the unfortunate event of your demise due to an accident.
All these riders add to the coverage of your term insurance plan and can be bought at a nominal cost over and above the base premium for your policy.
Inbuilt coverage offered by Kotak Life term plans
Kotak Life offers e-Term plan. Here are the riders offered under the plan:
● Kotak e-Term Plan
- Kotak Accidental Death Benefit Rider: In the event of a death in an accident, your nominee receives an accidental death benefit within 120 days from the date of the accident.
- Kotak Permanent Disability Benefit Rider: If you suffer from a permanent disability, the permanent disability benefit rider pays you 120% of the rider sum assured, paid over a period of 5 years. The rider benefit is paid in five instalments of 12%, every year. The last payment is paid at the end of the 5th policy year and equals 60% of the rider sum assured.
- Kotak Critical Illness Plus Benefit Rider: The rider sum assured is paid on the diagnoses of any of the 37 critical illnesses mentioned in the plan if you survive for 30 days from the date of diagnosis of the said critical illness.
- A Consumer Education Initiative series by Kotak Life
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term insurance plan that provides a holistic life protection at affordable prices. Find out the eligibility criteria, key ...Know more
Kotak Leave Encashment Group Plan is designed to cater to the needs of employees’ leave encashment liabilities increasing over a period of time.Know more
Kotak Secure Return Employee Benefit Plan caters to the needs of employers, trustees, state governments, central government, PSUs to plan for funding ...Know more
Kotak Complete Cover Group Plan is a non-participating single-premium plan that provides life cover to a group of borrowers of the credit /lending ins...Know more