Buy a Life Insurance Plan in a few clicks
Now you can buy life insurance plan online.
Kotak Guaranteed Fortune Builder
A plan that offers guaranteed income for your future goals.
Protect your family's financial future.
Kotak Assured Savings Plan
A plan that offer guaranteed returns and financial protection for your family.
Kotak Guaranteed Savings Plan
A plan that offers long term savings and life cover.
Insurance and Investment in one plan.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan
Retirement years are the golden years of life.
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
Ref. No. KLI/22-23/E-BB/492
Learn how to prevent heart disease and other serious illnesses with seven preventive measures which will prepare you for such unforeseen events. To know more, Visit Now.
According to WHO (World Health Organisation), heart-related illnesses are the prime cause of death globally. Each year more than 17.9 million people in the world die because of heart-related issues. In India alone, more than three million people die from heart issues every year. The number is expected to cross four million by the end of 2020 and by 2030, heart problems will be the number one cause of death in India, accounting for more than 35% of all deaths. Some of the significant contributors towards these numbers are the changing lifestyle patterns, increasing stress, unhealthy eating, environmental pollution and physical inactivity.
Some of the major heart diseases in India include:
It is possible to reduce the burden of heart-related illnesses by following these effective preventive methods:
1. Indulge in healthy eating: Eating healthy and consuming more fresh fruits, green vegetables, fibre, whole grains, fish, nuts, etc., can help minimise the risk of heart-related issues.
2. Increase physical activeness to reduce risk: A major cause of heart issues is the lack of physical activity. Hence, irrespective of age, at least 30 minutes of any kind of physical activity can help to prevent heart issues.
3. Get preventive check-ups to identify diseases in time:Regular check-ups of the heart can prevent various heart diseases. Preventive heart-health screenings help to keep a check on the health vitals such as blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, heart rate, body mass index (BMI), and more. arteries and leads to a build-up of fat, which ultimately causes narrowing of the artery and restricts the flow of blood in the body. Additionally, alcohol consumption increases the chances of high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, stroke, cardiomyopathy, etc.
4. Avoid smoking and limit alcohol intake: Smoke from tobacco damages the lining of the arteries and leads to a build-up of fat, which ultimately causes narrowing of the artery and restricts the flow of blood in the body. Additionally, alcohol consumption increases the chances of high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, stroke, cardiomyopathy, etc.
5. Reduce stress in life: Stress can increase the heart rate of a person and also flare-up the blood pressure, critically affecting the arteries. Yoga, meditation or hobbies can reduce stress.
6. Maintain a healthy weight: Obesity causes issues such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, all of which negatively impacts the heart’s health.
7. Invest in a heart insurance policy: Investing in a heart insurance policy can act as protection against critical medical emergencies. Since heart treatments can be financially draining, it is always wiser to invest in an insurance plan early in life. Health insurance policies like Kotak Health Shield offer fixed benefits covering early or major illnesses related to the heart, cancer, liver, neuro. The plan covers heart-related issues like angioplasty, cardiac arrhythmia, carotid artery surgery, cardiomyopathy, heart valve replacement, heart attack, coronary angioplasty, heart transplant, and more.
These preventive measures can minimise the overtly mounting heart diseases and issues in India. However, it is critical to follow these methods, and also invest in comprehensive health insurance to ensure you are prepared for the most unforeseen events.
Ref. No. KLI/22-23/E-BB/2435
Buying health insurance? Here's why it is important to disclose your pre-existing medical conditions
Health Insurance Plan for Heart – What you Should Know on Symptoms and Diagnosis of Heart-Related Disease?