Kotak e-Term Plan
Kotak e-Term Plan provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
Kotak Guaranteed Savings Plan
Kotak Guaranteed Savings Plan is a savings and protection plan that helps you achieve long-term financial goals and provides an insurance cover against any eventuality.
Kotak e-Invest plan is a complete Unit-Linked Insurance Plan that can be customized as per your goals and needs.
Kotak Health Shield
Kotak Health Shield Plan helps secure your finances in sudden medical expenses such as Cardiac, Liver, Neuro, and Cancer (all early and significant illness stages/conditions of cancer), along with offering protection for personal accidents - in case of accidental death or disability.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan gives you the security of your income continuing throughout your life and in your absence throughout your spouse's lifetime!
When you retire or close your pension fund under the National Pension System (NPS), you can take up to 60% of your investments, but you must acquire annuity insurance with the remaining 40% according to Pension Fund Regulatory And Development Authority (PFRDA) requirements. It is natural for people to have different perspectives on the importance and significance of annuity options in NPS.
If you were also unaware about Annuity options in NPS, we will help you understand this aspect in a greater detail.
An annuity is a form of financial venture that pays fixed and consistent income. These are long-term agreements in which you invest your money in exchange for a monthly payment income from an insurance company.
An annuity is the monthly sum received by the account holder or member from the Annuity Service Provider under NPS. A portion of the pension fund decided by the member (minimum 40% and 80% in the event of superannuation and early withdrawal, respectively) is utilized to acquire the annuity from the approved Annuity Service Providers. Once you withdraw from NPS, Annuity Service Providers are responsible for supplying them with monthly pension payments.
You are eligible to receive a monthly payment for the rest of your life, but you can only do so when you retire. The income from annuity usually stops when the annuity holder dies.
Amounts equal to the initial investment is given to the beneficiary on subscriber’s death in addition to a predetermined sum paid to the subscriber every month. However, the sum of monthly income under these plans are often lower.
An annuity is provided to the spouse when the covered individual dies during their lifetime. If the annuitant’s spouse dies before the annuitant, the annuity payout will come to an end.
Annuity for life with 100% of the annuity payable to the spouse of the annuitant for life on death and return on annuity acquisition:
During the annuitant’s lifetime, the annuity will be paid to the spouse, and the buying amount will be reimbursed to the beneficiary following the annuitant’s death.
If your finances are in a state of disarray in your later years, you may feel overwhelmed. Investing in annuity options at the right time not only ensures a regular income but also eliminates the danger of reinvestment.
Many seniors aren’t financially knowledgeable enough to handle a sizeable retirement fund when they retire. They lack the financial expertise and commitment to create a consistent income from a huge corpus throughout their remaining years. Having a steady, fixed pension income for the rest of one’s life might be beneficial to such people since it eliminates the chance of losing money in later years.
Many people believe that the taxable amount of annuity pension income under the NPS is a concern. It is true that it is subject to taxation, but it isn’t as hard as many people make it out to be. It’s worth noting that most people’s taxable income in retirement is little. So, even if the annuity pension is taxable, the applicable tax rates are likely to be very low if not zero.
To summarise, annuity is a topic that requires proper in-depth research. Nonetheless, its numerous advantageous features outweigh most doubts that one can potentially have. If you wish to spend your golden years in comfort, annuity choices are worth exploring!