Kotak e-Term Plan
Kotak e-Term Plan provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
Kotak E-Invest Plan
Kotak e-Invest plan is a complete Unit-Linked Insurance Plan that can be customized as per your goals and needs.
Kotak Guaranteed Savings Plan
Kotak Guaranteed Savings Plan is a savings and protection plan that helps you achieve long-term financial goals and provides an insurance cover against any eventuality.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan gives you the security of your income continuing thru your life and in your absence throughout your spouse's lifetime!
Kotak Health Shield
Kotak Health Shield Plan helps secure your finances in sudden medical expenses such as Cardiac, Liver, Neuro, and Cancer (all early and significant illness stages/conditions of cancer), along with offering protection for personal accidents - in case of accidental death or disability.
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
Every year, when the time comes to fill income tax, people rush to their Chartered Account to fill their returns. However, you need not stay dependent on your CA or any other resource because, with the help of Challan 280, you can easily pay your tax online. In this article, we shall learn about Challan 280 and how we can pay our Income Tax online using it.
What is Challan 280?
Challan 280 is a form which is available on the official website of Income Tax India. You are required to fill in the details of the form. The duly filled form can then either be submitted online or offline at a bank to pay your income tax.
How to Pay Income Tax Online with Challan 280?
You can pay your income tax online with Challan 280 form by following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Visit the official website of NSDL (National Securities Depository Ltd.).
2. You will find a tab named “Services” on the main page, which will get you a drop-down list.
3. From the drop-down list, select “e-payment: Pay Taxes Online”.
4. You will be taken to the “e-Payment of Taxes” page. Alternatively, you can also click the “Pay Taxes Online” box on the right side of the website’s main page and then choose “Click to pay online tax”.
5. You will be presented with multiple options on your screen. You need to select “Challan No./ITNS 280” from it.
6. On the next page, you will see a form you need to fill up with details such as applicable tax, PAN (Permanent Account Number), the year of assessment and so on.
7. You can choose the “Income Tax (Other than Companies)” option to pay your income tax. The other option “Corporation Tax (Companies)” is applicable for companies who pay corporate tax.
8. Now you need to select the correct type of payment, from options such as:
a. (100) Advance Tax
b. (102) Surtax
c. (106) Tax on Distributed Profit
d. (107) Tax on Distributed Income
e. (300) Self Assessment Tax
f. (400) Tax on Regular Assessment
2. Next, you need to choose the mode of payment. You can pay either via Net Banking or Debit Card. After selecting your option of choice, choose the bank name from the drop-down provided.
3. Next, you have to enter your PAN details and the relevant year of assessment from a drop-down box.
4. Further, you are required to fill details related to your address such as district, state, pin code and your email id along with your mobile number.
5. You can then enter the Captcha code on the screen.
6. Finally, you can click on the “Proceed” button which will take you to the “e-Payment page” to make the payment of your liable income tax.
Kotak’s Tax Saving Guide
While Challan 280 has made paying income tax online easy, having a good knowledge base regarding the tax you pay is crucially important. Kotak Life’s Tax Saving Guide can assist you in making smarter decisions while you pay your tax. Kotak Life’s Guide, crafted by financial experts, can help you be more aware of the various tax-saving instruments available. You can enjoy tax benefits and save on the amount of tax paid every year from your hard-earned money.
Challan 280 will offer you a seamless taxpaying experience. After submitting Challan 280, we recommend you keep track of its status online. You can check its online status using Challan Identification Number, Challan Serial Number, Challan’s Serial Date and the BSR bank’s code.
- A Consumer Education Initiative series by Kotak Life
Kotak Classic Endowment Plan is a long term protection cum savings plan that offers protection benefit while earning bonuses during the policy term.Know more
Kotak Gratuity Group Plan is a Unit-linked group gratuity plan that helps you fund for the gratuity obligation systematically & effectively and releas...Know more
Kotak Ace Investment Plan is designed with the clear objective of helping you accumulate wealth and provide you adequate life cover.Know more