Now you can buy life insurance plans completely online right here.
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term plan that provides a high level of protection to your loved ones in your absence.
The Kotak Health Shield Plan helps secure your finances in times of sudden medical expenses related to illness such as Cardiac, Liver, Neuro and Cancer (all early and major stages of illness /conditions of Cancer); along with offering protection for Personal Accident - in case of accidental death or disability.
Kotak Lifetime Income Plan gives you the assurance of your income continuing throughout your life and in your absence throughout the lifetime of your spouse!
Our representative will get in touch with you at the earliest.
The Income Tax Department has introduced different forms for easy and convenient for ITR Filing. It is important for you to know which form is relevant to your source of income. Based on the same, you need to file the form before the last date of return filing as specified by the Income Tax department. ITR 5 is one such form that is ideal for a specific class of taxpayers. Explained ahead are some important details about ITR 5 filing.
ITR Form 5 is a form suitable for bodies such as firms, Body of Individuals (BOIs), Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs), Artificial Juridical Person (AJP), Association of Persons (AOPs), estate of insolvent, estate of deceased, investment fund, business trust, local authority, and co-operative society for filing the ITR. Any individual or entity belonging to the aforementioned categories is eligible for ITR 5 filing.
The ITR 5 Form is divided into two parts—Part A and Part B.
In Part A, you need to provide details, which include general information, balance sheet details on the last day of the financial year, manufacturing account details for the financial year, trading account details for the financial year, profit and loss account information for the financial year, and other information.
In Part B, you are required to furnish details of the computation of your total income and the calculation of tax liability on your total earnings.
Apart from the aforementioned information, the ITR 5 Form also contains details about important aspects of the business. Some key schedules include:
Notable changes in the ITR-5 Form in AY 2020-21
Notable changes in the ITR-5 Form in AY 2019-20
The requirement to furnish the following data:
o Recognition from DPIIT as a start-up company
o Declaration filled in Form-2
o Partnership firm details
o Bifurcation of donations through cash and non-cash payment modes
o Gross GST receipt/ turnover reported
You can file an ITR 5 form online on the website of the Income Tax Department in two ways.
The first way is by furnishing the return using your digital signature, electronically. Another way is to transmit the data and then submit the verification of the return using ITR 5 form.
Once the ITR 5 filing is complete, you need to print a set of its copies. You can retain one copy for your records, and sign and send the second copy by post to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru - 560500. Moreover, if your firm’s accounts need to be audited under Section 44AB, you need to furnish the return electronically with a digital signature.
It is important to note that no document should be provided with the return form when you file the ITR 5 Form. If such documents are attached to the ITR Form 5, they will be removed and handed back to you. You must match the amount of tax deducted,paid, or collected by you or on your behalf with the Tax Credit Statement in Form 26AS.
How to fill out the verification document?
1. Input all necessary details.
2. Check if the data furnished is correct, such as:
o contact details
o Filing status
o Audit information
o Income details
o Tax liability
o Taxes paid
3. Ensure the document is duly signed or attested.
4. State the designation/ capacity of the person signing/ verifying the return.
How to file income tax returns using ITR-5 form?
1. Visit the Income Tax Department’s official e-filing portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
2. Electronically transfer the data in the return form.
3. Include your digital signature for electronic verification.
4. If you cannot verify electronically, print out two copies of the ITR-V Form.
5. Sign and send one copy to Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City Office, Bengaluru–560500 (Karnataka) for verification.
6. Retain another copy for your ITR record.
ITR-5 Form Filing Due Dates
Instructions for Filing ITR-5 Form
1. Fill up all the mandatory and applicable fields.
2. Strike out whichever fields do not apply to you/ write “NA”.
3. Write “Nil” to denote zero value.
4. Include “-“ (minus sign) before figures to indicate negative values.
5. Round off all figures to the nearest rupee.
6. Likewise, round off total income, profit, and loss values and payable tax amount to the nearest multiple of ten rupees.
7. Take care not to enter incorrect data to avoid prosecution under Section 277 of the ITA.
After the electronic data transmission, you can verify the returns through:
The ITR-V must reach the CPC within 120 days from the date of e-filing.
However, if your returns need to be audited under Section 44AB, you must verify ITR-5 electronically with a digital signature.
Who cannot file the ITR-5 form?
You can easily file your ITR 5 online in a hassle-free manner. Make sure that the return is filed before the last day to avoid any penalty.
Read Here for More Related Articles:
- A Consumer Education Initiative series by Kotak Life
Kotak e-Term Plan is a pure term insurance plan that provides a holistic life protection at affordable prices. Find out the eligibility criteria, key ...Know more
Kotak Assured Savings Plan is an affordable protection plan that enables you to accumulate wealth and strengthens your finances for the future.Know more